Joan's Voki


Get a Voki now!

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Giver Introduction

Hi!

I haven't posted a new blog in a long time.  Now, however, I have a new English class.  They are reading a wonderful book by Lois Lowry, The Giver.  It's a fictional story about a utopian society.  This society tried to take all the bad things out of their world, so they got rid of anything that caused pain.  But, they also got rid of a lot of good things in the process.

The language and vocabulary in this book is very advanced, so I will summarize the chapters here.  Then I will list some important vocabulary words from the chapters, and ask some comprehension questions.  Sometimes I will also explain a grammar point for you.  I hope you enjoy my blog, but please read the book too- it is extremely descriptive and thought-provoking.

giver-the.jpg (289×475)

No comments:

Post a Comment